A dynamic speaker, author and professional service firm strategist, who in June 2012 was named by the Accountants Club as “The world’s most highly rated advisor to accountants”.
Chartered Accountant Steve is the best-selling author of books such as “Your blueprint for a better accountancy practice” and “The UK’s best accountancy practices”, which ICAEW President Mark Spofforth describes on the dust jacket as “brilliant”.
He is a dynamic speaker, and is the creator and presenter of the ground-breaking “Proactivity” seminar and the three day “Accountants Profitability Masterclass” for partners who want to make their firms more successful and profitable. Back in the 1990s he also created and ran the “ProfitAbility” business club for KPMG in London.
Steve was also named by Accountancy Age magazine as the “UK Entrepreneur of The Year” in recognition of his work as founder the 250 firm strong AVN association of proactive accountants in the UK. He is also the founder of www.accountantschangingtheworld.com.
As a result he is widely regarded as one of the profession’s leading strategists, and in June 2012 was named by the Accountants Club as “The world’s most highly rated advisor to accountants” in recognition of the fact that he has more recommendations (over 300) on LinkedIn than any other adviser in the world.
- “The UK’s best accountancy practices” – 2011
- “Your blueprint for a better accountancy practice” – 2011 – with Mark Wickersham and Susan Clegg
- “Your blueprint for a better tax practice” – 2010 – with Mark Wickersham
- “Stress proof your business and your life” – 2010
- “101 ways to make more profits” – 1993
- “Easy money” – a BBC TV series on finance for non financial managers
- Over 150 technical and commercial training videos for “The Accountants Education Channel”
Steve and his businesses have won 14 major business awards, including:
- UK Entrepreneur of the Year
- Hertfordshire Business Personality of The Year
- And being named in the inaugural “Vision 100 Index” as one of the hundred most visionary organisations in the UK